3D Environment Artist
18 month contract | Full-time remote position | UK-based applicants only
As a 3D Environment Artist, you’ll be a key stakeholder in realising the stylistic vision for 3D environments in an unannounced original game with EA Originals. You'll focus on specific world biomes to really have an impact on creating a unique gameplay and storytelling experience for our players.
You will be working alongside the lead artist and concept art team to bring the game’s environments and world to life, while meeting goals related to our publishing Milestones.
What the role entails:
- Developing modular 3D Environment assets in an industry standard 3D modelling package (3DsMax is preferred, but equivalent is fine)
- Implementing and testing assets within the game engine to meet creative vision
- Offering expertise in reviews, technical design discussions and production pipeline
- Working with concept artists and design team to deliver 3D environment assets and levels based on approved art direction
- Communicating and collaborate with the animation and technical art teams to ensure environments meet a high visual standard in-game
What we'd like to see from you:
- Relevant experience as a games 3D Environment Artist in a position of responsibility, working on shipped products
- Proven ability to craft stylised assets, creating foliage and natural-looking elements
- Ability to plan and deliver assets on-spec and within an agreed timeframe
- Experience or enthusiasm for working with remote teams
- Strong artistic eye for detail with knowledge of lighting, colour/shape theory and composition
- Strong polygon modelling skills
- Comfortable working in a 3d package (Max, Maya, or equivalent), Substance Painter (or equivalent), and Zbrush/Blender
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially importing and implementing assets and placing art in levels
- Readiness to take ownership of areas of the game working with or without concept art
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledge of sourcetree/version control; interest in environment design such as lighting/shaders/traditional art skills
The 3D Environmental Artist reports to and is managed by the Art Lead.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
About Silver Rain Games
Silver Rain Games builds unforgettable experiences defined by exhilarating gameplay and discovery, elevating classic genres to new heights.
A fully remote, independent games studio, we thrive on inclusivity and flexibility. We are proud to support the happiness and wellbeing of our entire team.
3D Environment Artist
Loading application form